Third grade teachers at Tahoe Lake Elementary would like to enhance our science program by purchasing materials for more hands-on explorations and more leveled readers to support this learning.
- To create high interest in science
- To allow students to do hands-on explorations
- To facilitate deeper understanding of third grade science concepts
- Students will be able to follow directions and complete an activity successfully
- Students will show understanding of certain life, earth, and physical science facts and will be able to demonstrate their explorations
- Teachers will note student learning through class discussions
- Compost produced in the worm bin will be used by students in outdoor gardens and beds to amend the soil. Students will complete a variety of hand-on labs.
These materials will be used in and out of the classroom to allow students to observe and explore. The Worm Composting Bin will allow students to actively participate in composting food scraps and witnessing first hand the cycle of decomposition. Students will be able to investigate worms through science labs and hands on observations.
Absolutely, yes! These materials are meant for all Tahoe Lake third graders. Our grade level team collaborates frequently and thoroughly.
Tahoe Lake is a science-focused school. We teachers try to incorporate science into our teaching in any way we can. We try to keep science stimulating and fun! The Worm bin will be maintained in the Science classroom to make it accessible to all grade levels.