The 2021 Spring Grant Cycle is on hold. We will offer a 2022 Spring Grant Cycle with the deadline in April. Please contact the Foundation directly if you have immediate needs or questions. Exed@ttcf.net
GRANT CYCLE INFORMATION + PROCEDURES:
- The grant portal is generally open mid-February through mid-April.
- Grants are submitted by TTUSD staff and parents (parents must have a staff member as a co-writer of the grant).
- Applicants must review and adhere to the Grant Checklist.
- Without exception, all grants are to be signed by the administrator of the school site.
- Site Councils review and prioritize the grants to be submitted to their site.
- Grants are reviewed by TTEEF board members from the Allocations and Site Liaison Committees.
- Grants are awarded on an individual basis regardless of grade level and academic area, the frequency of submissions from a particular site, or total dollars requested at each site.
- The entire Excellence in Education Board votes to approve grants recommended by the above committees.
HOW GRANTS ARE EVALUATED
- Overall project goal.
- Degree the project/program directly engages students.
- Sustainability of the project/program without the need for long-term funding.
- The project/program’s scope of impact.
- Emphasis on common core standards and district-wide initiatives.
- Degree to which the project/program is able to measure its success through either objective or subjective means.
- Excellence in Education will consider consumable items that are tied to curriculum (i.e. Foss Kits, art supplies, and magazine subscriptions) at a maximum of $500 per class.
- We do not fund individual requests for classroom sets for technology/hardware such as iPads, iPods, laptops, tablets, etc.
- E-Learning grant requests must be in alignment with district technology vision and common core goals. These requests will be reviewed by the District Technology Committee for input.
- We acknowledge that some grant requests, particularly in relation to technology, fall into a “gray area.” Please contact your site liaison or Excellence in Education directly to get clarification. Our goal is to work within the TTUSD technology and facility bond plan and timeline.
We generally do not fund the following:
- Classroom furniture
- Extracurricular activities and clubs
- Field trips
- Individual Scholarships (other than McGinity EEF Scholarship)
- Salaries, stipends, or payment for services
- Reimbursed items
- Grants not ranked by the school site or site council
- Travel expenses
- Playground structures
RECEIVING GRANT AWARDS
Once grants are awarded they will be sent to the TTUSD office for disbursement. Grant recipients have until the end of TTUSD’s fiscal year to spend the funds. Requests for time extensions must be submitted in writing to the Excellence in Education for approval. Should a grant not be utilized or the funds not fully spent, the funds are returned to Excellence in Education to be used for future grants. All grants become the property of TTUSD and the awarded site. Should a grant recipient leave a site or transfer to another site, the grant remains at the originally awarded site.